Friday, February 15, 2013

Stout of My Mind

So Winter is on and I'm already sick of it. Hey, WINTER, you are weak like Ukraine! How about we skip you already. Bears teach me to hibernate and they are on to something. Bears figured this technique out so long ago that the forgot how to teach it; they are born with inherent knowledge. I'm serious joking! Winter is about drinking big, thick heavy beers and peeling layers of clothing off of loved ones <3

So I went to the Dogfish downtown to hear my friend's parents play at the open mic. I didn't want to go because the host of the open mic night is an extremely obnoxious-voiced little woman who thinks that people want to hear her crow like an old bird over the tops of everyone else's voice in the bar. I don't want to dwell, but seriously? She sucks. My friend's parents on the other hand we extremely good and very cute. Who's parents play music together? Seriously puke-worthy cuteness. Anyways, while I was at this establishment I decided to try a couple of stouts that they got on tap:

Phantom Punch Stout by the Baxter Brewing Co. is an awesome beer. It's strong and flavorful without "pulling" any punches. I am a very big fan and this beer is a prime example of why I state that. They do what they can and they can what they do and I am very thankful that they do that.

Ellen's Sombrero Coffee Milk Stout by the Atlantic Brewing Company out of Bar Harbor is so good that other beers are starting to use PEDs in retaliation for this outstanding beer; they're scared and they should be! Seriously sweet and creamy; smells like a malt shake. They nailed it with this beer and you shouldn't hesitate to try it to.

Stay buzzed, Portland.


No comments:

Post a Comment