Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Oktoberfest Started In September?



I drank these beers a week ago.  I’m just getting around to writing the reviews.  This is me and Sarah’s Oktoberfest.


Lienenkugel Oktoberfest features Munich pale and caramel hops.  It’s creamy.  I’ve had their wheat beer, which is great, and this beer is similar in quality.  It’s light-bodied but has a good texture reminiscent of something your dad might enjoy.  You know?  If I knew your father.  Also, gold trimmed labels will always sit well with me.



Now we has HEX Magic Hat’s Ourtoberfest.  Might be a little different.  The label is kinda scary.  Black and red colors.  Zombies sitting at long table during an evil Oktoberfest celebration.  I pop the cap off:  Engage your head or it’ll get dead.
Maltier than the Lienenkugel.  Bigger.  Thicker.  Fatter.  Still, it’s similar in that they are both creamy in taste.  Friggin’ mother’s milk.  This is a darker beer but it’s a little more social.  Let’s sit down and enjoy this for a while because I’m gonna be here drinking this for a while.




And last but not least:  Harpoon’s Oktoberfest.  I love Harpoon.  It’s a deep gold.  Makes me feel good when I need to.  This one’s got a bite; a twist.  I give it two thumbs up.  Drank these beers fast.  Think I might be done reviewing for the night.  Until next time:  Enjoy September!





Ma halo!
JLA

No comments:

Post a Comment